Saturday, August 15, 2009

Weekend Featured Etsy Artist

I believe it is important to artists to support each other and online network is very important, especially for many of us who work mainly from our home studios; through forums, blogs, and teams we can met other artists and offer support and friendship.

Andi is this week's featured artist. Her shop CrazybutCute is a relatively new shop on Etsy; but, Andi has been crafting since she was a child, something to which I am sure many of us can relate. She has an assortment of masterfully hand crafted items which she has skillfully sketched and meticulously embroidered.

This piece is one of my favorites, from the speckled look of the blue bird to the scroll work at the bottom of the cage, this item is exquisite and is framed and ready for displaying. The thought behind the piece, the door is open but the subject is content where it is and does not want to leave. What a loving home it must reside in!


Imagine! You can place this in a prominent spot to remind your "lawn mower" man that it is time to take care of business! Get out there and get to mowing! Can go right on top of your "honey do list."


Andi and I both adore this piece, I love her stance of confidence, she seems ready to take on the world!


THE INTERVIEW:
Q. Tell me a little about yourself (you can enter info from your profile if you like
A. I an upstate NY crafter, specializing in hand-embroidered oddities and home decor. By day I work at a publishing company. I love decorating, cooking, crafting, gardening, and reading.

Q. How long have you been crafting?
A. I have always been a crafter! As a child, I would make bears out of dishrags or felt purses for my Barbies, so this is a natural progression from that. I have always sketched as well, and all of my work starts out life as a sketch.

Q. What are your inspirations?
A. I am most inspired by people, but also by nature, architecture, and literature.

Q. What goals/plans do you have for your shop in the near future?
A. I am currently putting together larger artwork-type pieces for my shop, so that's what's coming next for Etsy. Outside of that, I am also creating pieces for a local gallery.

Q. What is your favorite item in your shop and why?
A. Currently, my favorite item is my mannequin. She represents a stillness and balance I am seeking in my life right now. I stitched her to represent strength, beauty, and utily. I will be happy/sad to see her go!

So visit Andi's shop CrazybutCute.
Tweet her on Twitter: ID: crazybutcutesew




5 comments:

  1. Great embroidery - I love the uniqueness of the subjects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff! I agree with you, lawnmower man is my favorite too!

    -Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Mannequin looks really cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahah, those are indeed crazy, but cute! People are so imaginative it's always amazing to see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love embroidery... such a cool shop! The lawnmower man is pretty awesome.. love how he is holding a can..of beer?

    ReplyDelete

Recent Comments

Recent Comments Widget by Blogger Widgets

Favorite Films

Favorite Films
These are some of my favorites. Enjoy

All About Eve

Sense and Sensibility

LOTR Return of the King